Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Herr Day

My mom and I got our hair done in stages between each other.

I actually really enjoy doing it this way because we rarely get to hang out together.  My hairdresser (who is my boss's wife; her salon is literally three feet from my desk) reminds me of my mom in a lot of ways.  She's not as anxiety prone as we are, but the way she interacts with her kids is definitely reminiscent of the way my parents were with us when we were teenagers.  It's a fine line between friendship and role model.

It took over three hours to finish my hair.  Part of the reason for this is that my mom had to be rinsed before my rollers were finished.  I also forgot to ask if she could wax my eyebrows until closer to the end of my appointment instead of the beginning.

It was kind of a pamper day, I guess.

That, and I really don't have time to mess around with my eyebrows.  Waxing is way easier.  Though, not something I would necessarily choose to do to myself.  I get really nervous about my eyebrows.

By 8:15 PM, I was tired and hungry.  But my hair was done.  And I was in love with it.

The only downside is that I can't wash it until tomorrow morning.

I'm one of those terrible women who washes her hair every morning.  If I don't, I can feel the oils in it and I am not a fan.

I haven't washed it since Monday.  I feel nasty.

Since you asked so nicely, I took a couple pictures.

I hope you like it as much as I do.  If you don't, you can just keep your damn mouth shut because I don't really care what you have to say.

Just playing.

Or am I?


Photobucket






Photobucket 



4 comments:

  1. hehe, 'herr' is a german word for men that for some reason is used in Sweden in stores and on clothing websites for the mens sections. <-random tidbit.

    Hair day with your mom sounds wonderful! And how lucky are you that your bosses wife is a hairdresser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost didn't use it for that reason. I look at it and it still sounds like 'hair' in my head. Kinda weird that it's used in Swedish stores... I'm not sure I understand that.

    Hair day with my mom was great. I haven't gotten to spend a ton of time with her lately, so it was nice to be able to have that night. Also, my boss's wife is awesome. I love her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep up the great blogging. You are both fun and entertaining to read. I love hearing about your random thoughts as they pop into your head. Your honesty makes you unique. I think you should wash your hair at least once a day, since eventually parasitic lifeforms might simply start growing in your hair. You can eat as much chocolate as you want. You almost sound as if you are self conscious of your weight. You don't have to look like a super model to impress guys; perhaps guys exist whom are far less shallow than you think. Some guys like a little junk in the trunk anyways ;). Your sense of humor is one of your greatest strengths. I like how your nose ring is real; unlike some celebrities (Joan Osborne).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Thank you, favorite commentor of the month. :)

    Okay, ew. Now I want to wash it all the time. I can feel the oils starting to accumulate in it after a day, so that's one of the reasons I do it. Besides habit.

    I am very conscious of my size. It's something I'll probably explain in a post one day. The reasoning behind it is kind of complicated. I don't really feel like I need to be super thin, anyway. I like knowing I have curves and how to use them to my advantage. It's more of a personal/familial issue than a "men won't like me because I have fat on my body" thing.

    Thank you and thank you. All my piercings are real. I don't like to be fake or fake things. The short phase in my life in which I was okay with that is very much over. What's the point in faking something temporary, anyway?

    ReplyDelete