Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

It's about shit and shopping. I warned you.

So... About this weekend.

I was supposed to have learned a seven page opera aria (solo vocal piece from an opera) this last week to perform at an audition this afternoon. I didn't have time between working full time and the ten hours I spend in night classes each week, as well as making up for everything I missed while doing performances last week, so I really didn't have much of a chance to learn it. Not knowing the music is a very good reason not to do an audition, so I canceled it. Which caused my day to pan out very differently than expected.

I went grocery shopping with my parents. For three hours.

Then I went to the mall.

I didn't actually go for me, mind you. I went because my mom wanted me to get her bandeau bras and legging shorts like the ones I got last week from Wet Seal. But I ended up getting two dresses and leggings for myself, as well. I need to stop going there.

I also got perfume at Victoria's Secret. I love Victoria's Secret.

Then I walked my dog. Which was great; the weather was beautiful today and it felt like I was in Eureka-- without the fog or the awesomeness of the ocean. So, plus and minus.

I have three indoor cats. I had to empty their litter boxes, which hadn't been emptied in a week. And DEAR GOD. It was awful.

The cat I got when I lived with my ex is extremely OCD and every time the litter boxes get too full for his liking, he finds a rug to shit on. Usually in the general area of the litter boxes. But still, he appeared to have been at it for a day or two. (I haven't been in the garage in a couple days, so I didn't know how bad it was.) He might weigh eight pounds at most, but this cat can SHIT. Apparently.

And soiled cat litter, when in a heavy black trash bag, is super heavy.

Even industrial waste trash bags that should be able to transport body parts without issue cannot withstand the weight of soiled cat litter... That only takes up 1/3 of the space of the bag. And holes start to form of their own volition right after you pick the bag up. Before you can attempt to shove it out the garage door you can only get up two feet and before you even try to shove it around the crap piled outside the ENTIRE door.

* Sigh *

So, now I'm watching The Proposal for the second time in the last week. God, I love this movie. And naked Ryan Reynolds. LOVE naked Ryan Reynolds.

It takes two to make a thing go right... It takes two to make it out of sight.”

Okay, maybe I just love Ryan Reynolds. Period. Ever since Two Guys, a Girl, and a Pizza Place. Even before Two Guys and a Girl.

Which means I was like ten when I fell for Ryan Reynolds.

Yum.

Now, to end a perfectly strange weekend, I need to shave my legs. Not that anyone will be touching them.

No comments:

Post a Comment