Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Fleeing the nest.

Up until two and a half months ago the closest I came to living on my own was the apartment I shared with my ex.  In a way that was more mind than my townhouse now because we were a couple and everything was ours, together.  Here it's more ours, separately. 

I love our house and the general dynamic of it.  I love that no one eats all the cheese I have in the refrigerator.  I love that someone doesn't take over all my space in the bathroom the second I move something.   I love that I don't have to make sure it's okay with everyone if I have guests over. I love impromptu sleepovers. 

I love our liquor fridge.

Don't judge.  We're college students.

(Speaking of liquor, I recently discovered you can put Malibu coconut rum in anything and it will turn out tasty.)

I love that no one gets bent out of shape if I leave after two AM, come home after three AM, or don't come home at all.  My roommates just call me a dirty hooker and laugh.   

And that's one of many reasons why I love them. 

Sometimes, though, there are things I wish I could talk to my mom about because she always gives the best advice, but I don't feel that I can.  Even though I'm pretty sure I know what she'd say.  And it's not what I'd want to hear.

Then there are things I try to talk to her about because I desperately need help and advice and I get nothing. 

Like the fact that I have to get my piano from Santa Cruz this weekend and I have no money and no way to transport it. 

I miss the days of two years ago when I thought my life was stressful.

No comments:

Post a Comment