Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2015

New Year, Old Me.

2015.

Who asked for you?

For me 2014 was filled with some major ups and major downs.

Luckily, the ups were really major.  I had a fantastic senior recital, I graduated from my bachelor's program and got to sing in the ceremony, and I moved to the North Bay and started working full time in accounting again.

Times have been rough lately because my salary is not exactly what wished for, but hopefully that will be changing soon.

Maybe 2015 will bring more highs and less lows for me.


This year I am not making resolutions because those always go to hell within the first month.  But I am making a list of things I want to work on this year.



  • Be more active.     This is especially important given how much I'm stuck at a desk now.
  • Eat more healthy food.     Same reason as above, but also important because of my problems with acid reflux.
  • Write more.     I miss writing.  I miss the release of writing.  And I definitely didn't do enough of it in 2014.
  • Read more.     This will hopefully be helped by my realization that I don't fall asleep listening to audiobooks while I'm working.
  • Knit more.     
  • Take steps toward accounting degree.     Assuming I can increase my paygrade enough to do so.

And on my two year plan:
  • Move somewhere I don't hate that allows me to have a dog.

Oddly enough, that last one is something I think about every day.  Which makes sense, I guess, because I have to come home to my apartment every day and every time I see it a little part of me dies and another part wants to set it on fire.

I'm sure I will increase this list on my personal files later on, but that's how it stands for now.  Little steps that will help me feel better and be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment