Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

"Gift" Horse.

I've been waiting three days for my period to start.  When it finally did I just thought I had to poop, so I was somehow surprised.  I hate it when that happens.

I started thinking, though, that if I find menstruating as annoying as I do, how annoying and uncomfortable is it for others?  More specifically, pre-op F to M transgenders.

If I identified as a male I would probably try to ignore my lady bits as much as possible.  Therefore, Mother Nature's monthly gift would kind of be a slap in the face.  For up to a week every month you get to deal with the mess from the little reminder that you are indeed one of the most magnificent things on the Earth: a woman.

So, that probably sucks.

I think bleeding is probably at least an equally devastating slap in the face to women trying to become mothers.  Women on all kinds of hormones and fertility drugs who are putting their psyche, body, and (probably) family through hell all for the slightest chance that they might become one step closer to conceiving a child.  Women who will try anything, even fucking upside down and walking on their hands for the next hour.

Or even women who have managed to conceive only for their bodies to reject the fetus.

Women who cry every time those first drops of blood line their undergarments.

I guess I should consider myself lucky that my biggest worry right now is being late for no reason.

2 comments:

  1. I've never been one to freak out over having my period. Granted, the freaking out generally happens because of crappy hormones, but I just get crappy cramps, feel absolutely drained for a few days, and bleed for eight days. Glad I shared that with you.:P Although for the past couple months it's actually been easier than normal. Not sure if its the 20 lb. weight gain that did it, or the sudden tossing of myself into a daily exercise regimen that involves more than walking. Personally, I am utterly relieved each time I start, because I am active and even though I am cautious, the risk never escapes me, and a child is the absolute last thing I need. :/ But I feel ya sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :/

    A few years ago, husband and I decided we wanted to start a family. I wrote about it a bit in my blog, but it's kind of emotional for me. As it turns out, I'll always be one of those women that thinks of her period as a symbol of my broken body. I effing hate that my ovaries are broken.

    But that's neither here nor now. I'm glad you back to blogging, and I will try to come comment again more! Missed ya!

    ReplyDelete