Pages

Friday, October 14, 2011

Me. BAMF. The End.

Last night I was starting to feel like I was catching another bug (which pisses me off because I was just sick in September), so I took some Nyquil when I went to bed last night to kick it out of my system. 

I didn't take into account the odd drug reactions I've had of late.

I woke up this morning feeling much better, though my throat still feels a little stiff.  I actually feel as if I slept off the three bad days of sickness and went straight into the tail-end.  (Definitely good news.) 

However, by the time I made it to the shower it became perfectly clear that I was going to be out of sorts all day.  Read:  I was feeling pretty loopy.

So I went to my music theory class this morning.  The class I seem to struggle the most with.  I was even early.  I'm really lucky I have a pretty good grasp on our current material, because I was not completely there.  I had moments of clarity during which I could answer pretty much anything the professor asked correctly...  Followed by moments during which I could barely figure out which notes were in a chord. 

Afterward, I came home and got back into bed.  For an hour.  Then I started working.  For two hours.  On collections, which takes a surprising amount of brain power.  I think it's the fact that you have to consciously be nice to people who you know are trying to screw you over.

Then I had to go to class again.  Luckily I didn't have to do anything but sit there and watch students perform. 

I was feeling less wiggy by this point, but still not normal.

Who am I kidding?  It's six PM and I still feel super funky. 

Anyway, I came home from class to work some more and take a test for my music history class.  The last test wasn't too intense.  But this one was on nearly every listening example and composer we've had for the last unit. 

Plus I have to go watch an opera at my voice teacher's house with the rest of his students later. 

I need a nap. 

And possibly a way to avoid Nyquil hangover.

Regardless, I got a ton of shit done today (and well) while feeling super drugged up from cold medicine I took last night.

I rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment